The year is Almost coming to an end. Thus, it calls for reflection upon the best moments from this year in my life.
2017 was a phenomenal period in my life. It taught me precious lessons. It changed me for the better. It allowed me to know myself. It was also full of special experiences.
Following are some of the best moments from my year in 2017.
- Taking my first solo trips to Amsterdam and Rome.
- Experiencing the Vatican in all its glory.
- Admiring Van Gogh’s extraordinary work in Amsterdam.
- Becoming an early riser.
- Living in the vibrant and diverse city of London.
- Visiting Churchill’s War Rooms, an interactive museum.
- Going to see Freud’s Museum in London.
- Seeing the bewitching interiors of the Pavilion in Brighton.
- Developing and sticking to a routine.
- Improving my organisational skills.
- Starting my blog and following it through.
- Learning to say no.
- Achieving my goals for the academic year 2016/17.
- Making regular journal entries.
- Going on a tour of Eastern Europe.
- Handling failure and becoming much stronger as a consequence of it.
- Gaining a vivid picture of what I want from life.
- Beginning to love myself and becoming my own best friend.
- Recognising negative self-treatment and treating myself with care.
- Reading The Secret, Murakami & Elizabeth Strout.
- Watching Grace & Frankie and admiring the message behind the show – it is never too late to start anew and that one must love oneself enough to walk out of bad relationships.
- Binging on The Crown on Netflix.
- Meeting my lovely family & friends upon returning to India.
- Making new friends from all over the globe.
- Hitting the gym regularly and tracking my fitness.
- Learning how to speak Spanish.
- Learning how to cook Thai Food and devouring it on a regular basis.
- Most importantly, valuing my solitude rather than running away from it.
How special was your year in 2017? Did you learn something new? Share it with me in the comments.
Finally, I wish all of you a very Happy New Year!
Lots of love,